You may withdraw bitcoin from your account, after a 10 day holding period. This holding period is in place to make sure all funds have settle correctly, with no issues. After the 10 day holding period, you may withdraw bitcoin to a bitcoin address of which you control the private key(s). After withdrawing bitcoin from your account, it is important to understand that neither Cloud Nalu, nor our custodian Prime Trust has access to or control of that bitcoin anymore. If you withdraw bitcoin to a cryptocurrency address that is not a bitcoin address, or a smart contract address, you may lose your funds. If you withdraw to a bitcoin address that you do not have control of, or that you do not have the private key(s), you will not have control of your bitcoin and that address may not refund the bitcoin. Be sure to only withdraw to a bitcoin address, which you control with your private key(s), and to a wallet which you have securely stored your backup seed phrase for.
To withdraw bitcoin, go to the "Transfers" page.
- Select the asset you wish to transfer, "BTC".
- Select how much you'd like to transfer.
- Select the "Receiving Account" bitcoin public address you'd like to transfer to. If you don't have a connected wallet address yet, or wish to choose a new address, then "Add Bitcoin Wallet". Copy and paste your public wallet address into the form and give the address a label.
- Warning: you are transferring Bitcoin to another address. Confirm the receiving address is a Bitcoin address and that the address is correct. Transferring to an address you do not control, or an address that is another type of cryptocurrency address may result in the loss of your Bitcoin.
- Submit and confirm. This action is irreversible. Transaction times usually occur in 10 minutes, but you may need to wait for several block confirmations, before your bitcoin appears in your Receiving Account address.
- You may view the transfer in your history. You may click the transaction hash link to view the transaction on the blockchain, in real time.